Please Post or Forward This Update To All Associates In Your Office
REPORTING A LISTING
After a listing has been entered into the flexMLS system you are required to submit, via mail, email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or drop off, to the MLS, a copy of the listing contract dated and signed by the seller(s) – front and back page only and any appropriate addendums.
The MLS checks the following information for accuracy. If you enter incorrect or incomplete information into flexMLS the MLS makes the correction and levies appropriate sanctions. (MLS Rules Section 7.0) The MLS checks the following information. Corrections can be found in the “History” program.
- Address, Municipality, County - as indicated on the contract and tax records.
- ZIP +4 (available online at http://zip4.usps.com/zip4/welcome.jsp).
- Coordinates - N/S and E/W location as indicated on the street guides and flat maps (flat maps are available online at www.mlswis.com). If the county the property is located in does not have a coordinate map, insert 9999n and 9999w.
- Tax Key Number - as indicated on the tax records.
- Listing and Expiration Dates - as indicated on the listing contract.
- Compensations to Subagent/Buyer Agent – compensations must be entered as either a percentage of the sale price or a specific dollar amount.
- Disclosures - Named Prospects (exceptions to the listing contract), Variable Commission, Broker Owned, Exclusive Agency Contract, Limited/Un-Serviced listings, Short Sale (under “Financing Available” in the Details).
- Directions and Public Remarks- may only contain information regarding directions or information about the property – you cannot enter your office/agent info, any web sites, emails, phone numbers, etc. Bonuses may only be offered to a Broker NOT an agent (Realtor Code of Ethics).
Accepted Offers - Remember – accepted offers must be reported within 48 hours as either Active w/Offer (has an offer but the seller is still allowing showings of the property and is taking secondary offers) or Pending (has an offer and the seller is no longer showing the property) unless there is a “Home Sale Contingency”. Failure to report accepted offers may result in a $10 per day sanction.
Properties that are a “short sale” and have an offer that has been accepted by the seller but not approved by the mortgage holder do not have to be reported.
The MLS appreciates your business and support and looks forward to your comments, questions and suggestions regarding any subject. Contact InMyOpinion@metromls.com or call (414) 778-5400.